Atmel touch controller used in Sharp smartphones
Atmel has announced that Sharp has selected its Maxtouch mXT224 touch controller to power the SH8128U smartphone.
Atmel's Maxtouch solution will offer Sharp SH8128U smartphone users the ability to reject unintended touches, more precise touch performance and better battery life for an overall better user experience.
Available in the China market today, the Sharp smartphone runs on Tapas OS - an operating system based on Android that is optimised for the Chinese Network.
The Sharp SH8128U smartphone with a 3.5in 480 x 800 pixels WVGA touchscreen display is available through China Telecom.
This smartphone also includes Bluetooth, WLAN, microSD card slot and a 5-megapixel autofocus camera with flash.
The Atmel Maxtouch devices support an unlimited number of touches to enhance the user experience.
In addition, Atmel Maxtouch devices offer smartphones, tablets, netbooks, mobile internet devices and other application users advanced touch functionality, including built-in gestures and the ability to ignore unintentional touches to make the user interface more intuitive, satisfying and reliable.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Flexible inverter system for automotive industry
- Freescale develops MCU for BMW sports cars
- TV maker selects Si217x silicon television tuner
- KSW Thinlam used in contactless US ID card
- Easy-Radio modules for remote camera control
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
Active components (13556)
- Analogue and mixed-signal ICs (2131)
- Communications ICs (wired) (2080)
- Discrete power devices (456)
- Programmable logic devices (630)
- Microprocessors, microcontrollers and DSPs (2599)
- Memory devices and modules (816)
- Power-supply ICs and controllers (2878)
- Communications ICs (wireless) (1789)
- Standard logic devices (173)
- Passive components (3584)
- Design and development (10248)
- Enclosures and panel products (3983)
- Interconnection (3643)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3484)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1959)
- Power supplies (3009)
- Subassemblies (5623)
- Test and measurement (5784)