QDR and DDR SRAMs for reducing power consumption
Cypress Semiconductor has announced Quad Data Rate (QDR) and Double Data Rate (DDR) SRAMs at 36-Mbit and 18-Mbit densities, for networking use in medical imaging and military signal-processing.
The new memories complete the company's broad portfolio of 65-nm synchronous SRAMs, which includes densities up to 144Mbit and speeds up to 550MHz.
Cypress's patented process technology reduces power consumption up to 50 per cent compared with 90-nm SRAMs, making it suitable for application in 'green' networking infrastructures.
The new devices are form, fit and function compatible upgrades for the large installed base of 90-nm QDRII/QDRII+ SRAMs (estimated at well over 60 million units), and are fully compliant with the QDR Consortium specifications.
This compatibility enables designers of existing products to easily upgrade system performance without requiring board redesign.
The 65-nm SRAMs are designed for networking applications, including core and edge routers, fixed and modular Ethernet switches, 3G basestations and secure routers.
They also enhance the performance of medical imaging and military signal-processing systems.
The QDRII+ and DDRII+ devices feature On-Die Termination (ODT), which improves signal integrity, reduces system cost, and saves board space by eliminating external termination resistors.
Cypress's portfolio of SRAMs includes leaded and lead-free packaging; commercial, industrial and military options; numerous interface configurations; and a wide range of performance options.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Photo IC for optical switching applications
- International Rectifier offers automotive MOSFETs
- Power-management controller for standard MOSFETs
- Self-protected MOSFETs for automotive applications
- EASA certifies avionics unit with Altera processor
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
Active components (13681)
- Analogue and mixed-signal ICs (2141)
- Communications ICs (wired) (2083)
- Discrete power devices (457)
- Programmable logic devices (632)
- Microprocessors, microcontrollers and DSPs (2621)
- Memory devices and modules (817)
- Power-supply ICs and controllers (2951)
- Communications ICs (wireless) (1802)
- Standard logic devices (173)
- Passive components (3639)
- Design and development (10279)
- Enclosures and panel products (4035)
- Interconnection (3703)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3506)
- Industry news (2108)
- Optoelectronics (1981)
- Power supplies (3058)
- Subassemblies (5681)
- Test and measurement (5836)