MSC Vertriebs joins Smart Usolutions Alliance
MSC Vertriebs is the latest company to sign up to the Smart Usolutions Alliance, which was launched by semiconductor distributor Silica in June.
The partner network is committed to drive the development and broad adoption of Intel's Atom processor platform.
MSC Vertriebs joined the Smart Usolutions Alliance launched by semiconductor distributor SILICA in June.
The alliance aims to simplify the implementation of embedded applications requiring high-performance and low-power technology.
The product range spans components, modules, system solutions, software, and customer-specific services.
Wolfgang Eisenbarth, marketing manager of embedded computer technology at MSC Vertriebs, said: 'Together with our partners, we will serve as a central point of contact for customers, facilitating their Intel Atom based developments.
'We offer modular embedded boards, for example Qseven, but also innovative displays and IT components of MSC's distribution group as a complete solution package.' MSC Vertriebs has announced new variations of its Qseven platform MSC Q7-US15W.
The main features are identical for all three versions, for example graphics, high definition audio and the interface (which offers USB and Gbit Ethernet).
The high-end version comes with the 1.6GHz Intel Atom Z530 processor, 1024MB of SDRAM, two SATA-300 ports and three PCI Express x1 lanes.
The CPU supports Intel Virtualisation Technology (IVT), which makes it suitable for applications demanding computing performance.
The second module is built around the Intel Atom Z510 processor, which runs at 1.1GHz.
SATA, 1024MB SDRAM and three PCI Express x1 lanes cover applications requiring mid-range performance and a good selection of interface options.
The entry-level version for price-sensitive applications is also equipped with the Intel Atom Z510 processor and 512MB SDRAM.
This version offers one PCI Express x1 lane.
To boot a system with this module a USB Flash driver or a SD card are available.
These storage devices can be easily exchanged or upgraded.
With growing software demands and constantly falling flash-cost, customers can take advantage of additional flexibility and optimise their system easily to achieve the best cost/feature ratio.
If requested, the Qseven module can be provided with hardware and BIOS-based security functions that comply with the requirements of the Trusted Computing Group (TCG).
Additional information to get an embedded system running quickly - such as manuals for the module and the Qseven reference platform, and a start-up guide - are available on the MSC website.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- U-blox upgrades CMOS technology
- IBW deploys Dragonwave Horizon Compact Costa Rica
- Lanner DVR platform provides vehicle surveillance
- Single-board computer based on Freescale processor
- Solid State introduces Rabbit networking module
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active Components (11,670)
- Active Components (4)
- Analogue and Mixed Signal ICs (1,747)
- Communications ICs (Wired) (1,810)
- Communications ICs (Wireless) (1,591)
- Discrete Power Devices (425)
- Memory Devices and Modules (765)
- Microprocessors, Microcontrollers and DSPs (2,168)
- Power Supply ICs and Controllers (2,413)
- Programmable Logic Devices (602)
- Standard Logic Devices (145)
- Design and Development (9,548)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3,214)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3,427)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (2)
- Fans and Blowers (225)
- Floor-Standing Racks, Cabinets, Enclosures (252)
- Gaskets, Seals and Screens (125)
- Handheld and Other Small Enclosures (139)
- Heatsinks and Thermal Management (201)
- Indicators and Audio (80)
- Instrument Cases, Benchtop, Wall-Mounting Enclosures (343)
- LCD Modules (488)
- Monitors (134)
- Other OEM Display Modules, Meters (240)
- Printers, Knobs, Bezels, Other Panelware (155)
- Rotary Controls, Joysticks etc (137)
- Switches and Keyboards (594)
- Touchscreens and Touch Sensors (305)
- Industry News (1,960)
- Interconnection (3,092)
- Optoelectronics (1,733)
- Passive Components (3,172)
- Power Supplies (2,516)
- Subassemblies (4,920)
- Test and Measurement (5,226)