Premo inductors target telecom power supplies
Premo has launched its PBP19 series of inductors designed for DC/DC converters and telecom power supplies up to 500W.
The 7.4mm (h) PBP19 series is offered in tape and reel for SMT technology.
It allows a maximum surface of 92 per cent of its total area to be in contact with the heat-dissipating interface, with either a coolplate or a traditional heatsink.
The thermal optimisation of components allows 10mJ energy storage with 2.8umsec cycles.
The inductors produce a low dissipation of 2W and a performance of more than 95 per cent.
The telecom converters have soft-switching topologies and allow an increase of the switching frequencies from 250 up to 500kHz using low Mosfet resistance.
The DC resistance of the PBP19 series is typically 2mOhm, making it suitable for power semiconductors.
This resistance is achieved by implementing multilayer leadframe technology, which eliminates round standard copper wire, skin effect and inefficiencies in the optimisation of the winding window.
The series allows configurations of four windings, with isolation against core above 500V DC and overload saturation of 15 to 20 per cent on the peak current.
The PBP19 series is pin-to-pin compatible with other standard solutions, while eliminating the extra lateral pins and reducing the PCB surface by 10 per cent.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- AVX varistor series can withstand multiple strikes
- Alfamag announces 50/60Hz toroidal transformers
- Trigon announces low-profile power inductor
- Single-frequency synthesiser operates at 1,720MHz
- Statek CX18 crystal available from Euroquartz
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (11746)
- Passive components (3305)
- Design and development (9747)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3573)
- Interconnection (3292)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3284)
- Industry News (2003)
- Optoelectronics (1816)
- Power Supplies (2667)
- Subassemblies (5169)
- Test and Measurement (5386)