Infrared LEDs target proximity sensor applications
A series of high-performance infrared LEDs ideally suited for proximity sensor applications is now available from ROHM Semiconductor.
The SIM-030/031ST and SIM-040/041ST surface-mount IR LEDs feature IR wavelength technology, providing peak output of 850/870nm, compared with 950nm for comparable devices.
The 850/870nm level is much closer to the peak wave sensitivity of phototransistors (sensors), thus achieving higher efficiency proximity sensing and energy savings of up to 66 per cent.
In addition, the small package footprint and low profile further enhance their application in mobile phones and other portable devices.
The SIM-030/031ST, the smaller of the two devices, has a 2.3 x 1.95mm footprint and a height of 0.9mm.
With a forward current (IF) of 100mA, the device delivers typical emission strength of 30mW/sr (milliwatts per steradian).
The slightly larger SIM-040/041ST (3.1 x 2.25 x 1.6mm) provides 40mW/sr, typical emission strength.
The ROHM SIM-030/031ST and SIM-040/041ST are the latest additions to the ROHM Optical Sensors Series of emitters, receivers, photointerrupters, tilt sensors, IrDA modules and remote-control modules.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- High-contrast displays have fast response time
- Hamamatsu develops super luminescent diode
- Single-chip LED with green phosphor converter
- Gain blocks for cellular bands GSM, CDMA and UMTS
- LED suitable for TV and LCD monitor backlighting
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13614)
- Passive components (3614)
- Design and development (10261)
- Enclosures and panel products (4002)
- Interconnection (3674)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3490)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1963)
- Power supplies (3034)
- Subassemblies (5652)
- Test and measurement (5816)