GPS module ideal for fleet and asset management
U-Blox has launched the LEA-6R, a GPS module based on the latest U-Blox 6 platform designed for after-market devices requiring uninterrupted navigation even during poor GPS signal reception.
The surface-mount module comes with the company's Sensor Fusion Dead-Reckoning technology integrated.
When GPS satellites are out of sight, location is extrapolated using distance and angle information from the gyroscope and speed pulse sensors.
U-Blox said this makes the LEA-6R an ideal solution for applications such as fleet and asset management, road-pricing and insurance systems as well as automatic vehicle location (AVL).
Thomas Nigg, vice-president of product marketing at U-Blox, said: 'The LEA-6R is ideal for vehicle add-on devices because it easily interfaces to wheel-tick and gyro sensors to enhance GPS satellite positioning.
'The self-calibration solution is ideal for systems that depend on continuous, accurate and reliable positioning in tunnels, indoor parking facilities and deep urban canyons,' he added.
The LEA-6R is a standalone solution requiring no host integration.
It is hardware and firmware compatible with the previous generation LEA-4R.
The LEA-6R interfaces directly to the vehicle odometer and gyroscope.
It is manufactured at ISO/TS 16949 certified sites.
Qualification tests are performed as stipulated in the ISO16750 standard: 'Road vehicles - Environmental conditions and testing for electrical and electronic equipment'.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Embedded system for vehicle-based computing
- Network interface card for security applications
- Wireless sensor system for industrial monitoring
- Fan-less barebone system for display applications
- Avalue embeds industrial panel PCs with Intel Atom
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13413)
- Passive components (3546)
- Design and development (10232)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3919)
- Interconnection (3571)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3472)
- Industry News (2104)
- Optoelectronics (1942)
- Power Supplies (2960)
- Subassemblies (5582)
- Test and Measurement (5757)