Heat sinks have good heat-dissipation properties
Amec Thermasol has launched a range of micro porous ceramic heat sinks (MPCHS) for high-volume applications such as LED/LCD TVs, computer monitors, set-top boxes, motherboards, media players and more.
Due to the irregular structure of the micro porous ceramic, the heat sinks provide a greater surface area to contact with the air compared with metal.
Due to the irregular structure of the micro porous ceramic, the heat sinks provide a greater surface area to contact with the air compared with metal
This structure means the heat sinks have good heat dissipation and heat convection properties.
The MPCHS dissipates heat faster than metal heat sinks without storing heat within itself.
MPCHS heat sinks are made from low thermal capacity material in unit volume compared with traditional copper and aluminium solutions.
The surface area of the MPCHS is greater than metal heat sinks by around 30 per cent, hence more surface area to contact air and dissipate more heat in a set unit time.
Being non-metallic, the heat sinks also help ensure a reduction in any possible EMI/EMC issues.
Additional applications for this type of ceramic heat sink include: power adapters; broadband routers; digital photograph frames; and netbook PCs.
They are available in two design types - either 'Flat' or 'Wave' with a range of standard sizes, which include 10 x 10 x 2mm, 20 x 20 x 2.5mm, 30 x 30 x 2.5mm, 40 x 40 x 2.5mm, 30 x 30 x 5mm; and 40 x 40 x 5mm.
Custom configurations can be manufactured on request.
The low-profile MPCHSs are said to be an ideal alternative to traditional aluminium and copper heat sinks with good performance and better heat-dissipation properties.
They also benefit from lower pricing compared with aluminium and copper heat sinks.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
Contact Amec Thermasol
Company profile and news
- EMKA toggle latches fulfil closure requirements
- Fans target densely packed electronic enclosures
- Mistral introduces rugged SRIO switch card
- Passive-matrix LCD features ABN technology
- Tiny broadband amplifier counters IED threats
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13409)
- Passive components (3539)
- Design and development (10229)
Enclosures and Panel Products (3913)
- Handheld and Other Small Enclosures (159)
- Instrument Cases, Benchtop, Wall-Mounting Enclosures (387)
- Floor-Standing Racks, Cabinets, Enclosures (287)
- Fans and Blowers (240)
- Gaskets, Seals and Screens (131)
- Heatsinks and Thermal Management (230)
- LCD Modules (552)
- Monitors (144)
- Other OEM Display Modules, Meters (254)
- Switches and Keyboards (734)
- Rotary Controls, Joysticks etc (145)
- Indicators and Audio (90)
- Touchscreens and Touch Sensors (358)
- Printers, Knobs, Bezels, Other Panelware (174)
- Interconnection (3567)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3472)
- Industry News (2102)
- Optoelectronics (1940)
- Power Supplies (2957)
- Subassemblies (5580)
- Test and Measurement (5752)